Valicity Care Services is committed to providing a quality service for its clients and working in an accountable way that, builds trust and respect for all our stakeholders. We view complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve our service by listening and responding positively and a chance to put mistakes right.
Our policy is:
- To provide an easy, fair and clear complaints procedure
- To treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service, which calls for an immediate response
- To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure, so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To deal with complaints promptly, professionally and confidentially
- To investigate all complaints fairly and in a timely fashion
- To respond in the right way; e.g. provide a full explanation or apology where we have got things have gone wrong
- To, as far as reasonably possible, resolve and repair relationships
- To learn from complaints and improve service
We recognise that concerns can be raised informally.
- Resolve informal concerns quickly
- Keep matters low-key
- Enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then a formal complaints procedure should be followed.
Definition of a complaint:
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Valicity Care Services.
Where Complaints Come From:
Complaints may come from any person or organisation who has a legitimate interest in Valicity Care Services.
Purpose: The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly, consistently and wherever possible resolved to the complainant’s satisfaction.
Valicity Care Services responsibility will be to:
- acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
- respond within a stated period of time;
- deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
- take action where appropriate.
A complainant’s responsibility is to:
- bring their complaint, in writing, to Valicity Care Services’ attention normally within 8 weeks of the issue arising;
- raise concerns promptly and directly with the Manager or HR;
- explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
- allow Valicity Care Services a reasonable time to deal with the matter;
- recognise that some circumstances may be beyond Valicity Care Services’ control.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, telling only those who need to know and following any relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Senior Management Team.
Monitoring and Learning from Complaints
Complaints are reviewed annually to identify trends that may indicate a need to take further action.