Job title: SUPPORT WORKER
Salary: £9.22–9.75 per hour
Contract: Full time
Hours: 37.5–40 hours per week
you can choose to do days or nights
Days 7:30am–3pm and 2:30pm–10pm and 7:30am–10pm where preferred
You need to be 18 years of age to apply for one of our posts.You do not need any experience as full training will be given. Over 70% of our managers started as a support worker.
We have a lovely purpose built supported living service in Gloucester that supports adults with learning disabilities, autism, complex needs and challenging behaviour. We are able to provide assistance at times when the buses are not running along with options to do your NVQ’s.
At Valicity Care Services, we work by empowering people with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Conditions, Mental Health needs and other complex needs to live as independently as possible, to become integral members of the community and to achieve their goals and aspirations through individual care pathways.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference to people lives and giving something back we are looking for Support Workers to join our award winning teams.
Many of our services are headed by individuals who joined us as a support worker. So if you are looking for a company where you can progress your career – look no further!
We are an award winning organisation and we are nominated for several more awards within the care sector in 2019.
We currently have 34 services rated as “Good” with CQC and 1 service rated as “Outstanding”. Our vision is for every one of our services to be “Outstanding” with CQC.
The day-to-day duties:
No two days are ever the same at Valicity Care Services but every day is rewarding and fun for our support workers. You will be working in a fantastic environment with the best facilities and as part of a highly skilled fun team delivering high quality person centred care. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supporting residents to develop independence and life skills
- Assisting people to achieve daily goals
- Assisting with the development of person centred plans for our residents
- Supporting people in undertaking daily activities or development in their own apartment and in the community.
- Daily activities such as arts, crafts and various activities
- This includes employment, education and other opportunities.
- Maintaining records and drawing up risk assessments
- Providing personal care where needed always working towards more independence
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Recommend a friend – £250.
- Company pension scheme.
- 28 days holiday (Inc. Bank Holidays)
- Excellent 5 day Induction & Free Training
What the company will offer:
Valicity Care Services dedicated staff teams are its most important asset and our investment in their continued professional development and training is essential.
Our training, empowerment & education programmes ensure that we have the best people working in the best positions for the benefit of our service user group and for our staff teams.
- Fantastic career progression opportunities.
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check