Job title: SERVICE MANAGER
Contract: Full time
Hours: 37.5–40 hours per week
With several complex adult services in the UK, we are seeking a very strong and accomplished Registered Manager to lead our service(s) which provide support for adults with learning disabilities, autism, complex needs and challenging behaviour.
Valicity Care Services are an established, innovative and expanding social care provider. We offer registered care and supported living services to adults with autism and learning disabilities. We are different from other care providers, we believe we offer genuine career progression opportunities and provide a great working environment which results in our teams delivering fantastic outcomes for the people we support. Having earned a strong reputation among local authorities for successfully supporting some of the most complex needs within the social care environment.
Requirements of the role:
•As a Registered Manager you are legally responsible for the operational day to day management of the service ensuring that your service is compliant with relevant legislation including compliance to the Health and Social Care Act 2008, Care Quality Commission guidance and Precious Homes policies and procedures.
•It is an expectation that Registered Managers are visible and leading from the front and this means being regularly on the floor and not being office based (away from Service Users and support teams in an office) or working from home.
•All aspects of operating the service must be in line with Precious Homes company values.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Outcomes:
- To maintain a high-quality service of CQC “good” or better rating and the same within the Valicity Care Services internal KLOE audit.
- To ensure the service complies with the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, Care Quality Commission Guidance ‘Fundamental Standards of Quality & Safety’ and Valicity Care Services policies and procedures.
- To carry out the monthly Registered Managers audit to monitor the service performance.
- Where service improvements are identified in the monthly audit or any other external or internal audits; the actions are added to the service improvement plan (SIP).
- Ensure the SIP is maintained as a live document and kept updated at least monthly as a minimum, with actions (depending on criticality) completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the online staff rota system is updated for your service with a minimum four-week rolling rota and shifts are locked down on a daily basis and within commissioned hours budget. All payroll, month-end and lockdown deadlines met.
- To always ensure the service delivery is person centred and this is evidenced in the support plans,rotas, staff and service meetings, induction, training and culture of the service.
- To ensure that Service Users are always safeguarded against all types of abuse and neglect
- To ensure that all necessary records are complete, accurate and legible, and available to authorised persons when required.
- To ensure clear understanding of MCA and DoLS, that these are reflected in care among other responsibilities.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with people with learning difficulties (2 years at manager level)
Proven track record in supporting people from placement breakdowns and transitions
Strong experience of managing and leading a large team in delivering results, sound knowledge of supporting people with behaviours that challenge and working in a Person Centred way
Experience in managing large support packages for complex needs
All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check